1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gnarls Barkley

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Dedo

Dedo Member

Their appearance on Letterman a couple of weeks ago was classic, if only for the post-song banter. Like he usually does, Dave walked over to the stage to shake the band's hands. His mic picked up the following exchange:

"Cee Lo, good to see you again. ... Danger Mouse, always a pleasure. ... Where are you guys going to be Christmas?"

Cee Lo laughed at that last question, but he looked as flummoxed as I was about what in the hell Dave meant by that. Then I realized it -- the whole band was wearing Scottish garb, and the knee-high socks apparently reminded Dave of Christmas stockings.

2. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Gnarls Barkley ain't rap.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That is a little nugget. And I thought I knew my music trivia because I knew the fourth member to A Tribe Called Quest.

4. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Fuck a Jarobi

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Gnarls Barkley is OK. I'm just sick of being hit over the head by them (and Fall Out Boy) while the music media touts them as the greatest music ever. St. Elsewhere is a bad song. Gone Daddy Gone is good, but not appreciably better than the Violent Femmes' original effort.

Draft saved Draft deleted