1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gmail problems today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dawgpounddiehard, Mar 1, 2007.

1. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Anyone else having trouble getting into their Gmail account today? I've been told "service temporarily unavailable" all damn day.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Not me.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I had trouble last week and missed a meeting Monday morning because of it. I reminded the person who e-mailed me to always send to my work account first, home second. He did not this time, and it cost both of us.

4. dawgpounddiehard

Luckily the only thing I'm suffering from right now is making Friday night plans... and it's a little annoying.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

No problems with my gmail account.

6. dawgpounddiehard

Shit. Mine is still "temporarily unavailable." They've been telling me to log on in a few minute since this morning. Pricks.

Of course I can't find any direct "help" areas on the Web site. Again... pricks.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I was able to log on, but I tried to sign up for their new program which will forward your e-mail from other web-based e-mails to that account, which will help me tremendously. Every time I tried to enter my hotmail account, it said it timed out.

8. We were just talking about this. There are four of us in the media center of a certain D-1 school. All of us use Gmail. All of us are using the same internet connection. Two guys have full use of Gmail. One guy has no use of Gmail. I have intermittent use. Sometimes I can get mail; sometimes I can't.

Bizarre.

9. dawgpounddiehard

You weren't listening to Mr. Thicke at the same were you? Maybe Gmail did not care for your choice of tunes and shut down for the day in protest.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Again, let me repeat:

I WAS ABLE TO LOG ON.

Maybe it's your attitude that gmail doesn't like.

11. accguy

accguy Member

mine has been fine all day. both on the laptop and feeding into the blackberry.

Draft saved Draft deleted