1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gloves off: Clemens' alleged affair with singer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Clemens is stooping to Barry Bonds levels of sleaze. Even if the girl wasn't 15 when he started testing the waters, it's still a horrible thing with adultery and the like.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Where does it say she has admitted the affair? The sources allege she kept momentoes.
    I don't see McCready quoted anywhere.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm saying if. If the state decides to prosecute Clemens. And if she agrees to testify for the state.

Again, I'm not a legal expert and I don't pretend to play one on an internet message board. I'm just wondering. I'll shut up now.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I would think anyone who's ever taken even a single journalism class would know that people on this thread have written could be viewed as libel if we wrote them in print.

Hating someone does not give us license to treat them as if they're guilty of a crime when he hasn't even been formally charged with one.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, for the love of God.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Also, a side note: He's arguing the use of anonymous sources, not our rush to judgment. Even if the sources had been named, the posts would have been the same. So you're not so much 'agreeing' with spnited as you are arguing a completely different point.

As to your last post: THIS ISN'T IN PRINT. Good lord. We also shouldn't write about Mikey not having sex in print, or how hot some actress is, or whether Jason Taylor's hips are amazing when dancing.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hells yeah.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll remember that the next time a Bush thread comes up.

This thread has morphed into sj hypocrisy at its best. That's always entertaining. Please carry on.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now you fucking tell me.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hopefully this isn't directed at me, because I love to hate on George W.

I was attacking the anonymous sources thing, not whether or not everyone has the right to shred Clemens or not.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

It wasn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted