1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glenn Beck: wanted man in NJ (at least in Asbury Park)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael Echan, Mar 14, 2010.

1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

That's El Flushbo's excuse every time he gets his dick in a wringer... "But...But..But I'm really just making fun of the other side!"

He's just mad because Beckie Boy is stealing his thunder.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I always get a chuckle over the time Bill and Hillary took to the stage to announce her run for Senator -- to the sounds of Billy Joel's Captain Jack. Apparently it was suppose to be New York State of Mind but dj cued up wrong song.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Beck really is a clown. I don't know who's funnier...him, or the dolts who have been deluded into thinking a multi-millionaire like him really gives two shits about people like them.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I don't care for Beck, but I don't know what the hell his money has to do with anything. I don't think that multi-millionaire Keith Olbermann gives a shit about me, either.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hangover funny?

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm a little late to this thread, but I have to say that Mr. Beck, when it comes to singing you're no William Shatner.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I buy that excuse less and less. (And to be clear -- they're all part of the news division. Shep Smith's boss is Glenn Beck's boss. They stress there's a difference between their news and opinion shows, but the source is exactly the same.)

Much of it depends on the anchor involved, but some of their news shows are Glenn Beck lite. I don't think Neil Cavuto is part of the "opinion block," and that obnoxious little fucker does nothing but smirk and take potshots at the left for an hour. (The high point -- anytime he has a guest he expect to rip into Obama and the guest won't take the bait. Cavuto looks like he wants to cry.) Jon Stewart had a great segment on Megan Kelly the other day, mocking the notion of the split between news and opinion on Fox. Essentially it showed her repeating the same question over and over to every guest -- "Why does Obama continue to push health care reform when polls show 73% of Americans oppose it?!?" Meanwhile, no poll actually shows that. They also went to a panel of four "typical seniors" to hear what they had to say about reform. All four seemed to think Obama was trying to kill them. It was embarrassing.

Having said all that, Shep Smith is everything a cable news anchor should be. He's smart, he's funny, and he'll gleefully call bullshit on anything that deserves it, right or left.

And that includes his own network. One of his greatest moments: he tossed it out to a reporter covering the NJ gubernatorial election, and she did a piece on how Corzine was in trouble, followed by an interview with Corzine's opponent. She tossed back to Shep, who said "What about Corzine? Aren't you going to talk with him?" Reporter: "I'm sorry, Shep, what was that?" Shep: "You just did that whole story and interview with Corzine's opponent. When are you going to talk to Jon Corzine?" Reporter: "Ummm.... we'll work on that, Shep." At which point Shep turned to the camera and said "I'm sorry, folks, that was inexcusable. I promise you -- it won't happen again on my show."

Fox is also really, really good at breaking news. They're on it faster and will have better elements than CNN or MSNBC, every time.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

More evidence that Beck is a piece of shit:
    http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201003150047

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Perhaps the only time Beck has ever told the truth on camera.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/04/glenn-beck-rambles-about-_n_79833.html

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He attacks the concept of democracy based upon the 'democratically-elected' dictatorships of Iran and Venezuela.

The guy doesn't know the difference between countries that force their people to vote by gunpoint and free democratic countries.

What a douche.

Draft saved Draft deleted