1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glenn Beck question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Nope. And I wouldn't push it any further.

I've got plenty of friendships in which we have conversational ground rules (spoken and unspoken). I don't talk politics with some and religion is taboo with others. They're still friends and good people, and chatting about the small stuff is still fun.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So just realize I'm talking to a fool, smile and walk away?

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Beck is a tool. Of Fox and Clear Channel. Period. He's only on national radio because moronic ownership laws allow conglomerates to own far too many stations and thus dictate programming without concern for the demographic. Heck, Clear Channel tried to pull Thom Hartmann off the radio in Madison, Wisconsin and replace him with conservative talk until it realized that move made its agenda simply too naked for all to see.

According to Talkers Magazine, the top nine radio commentators in America are conservatives. This, at a time when Congress is 60-40 Democrat and a Democrat is in the White House. This either means:

1. For some unknown reason, liberals hate the AM dial - not the programming, the fucking band entirely - completely and also don't care much for NPR, given its often dismal rating.

2. Radio stations don't even bother to consider their audiences before shoving Beck, Hannity, Ingraham, Savage and Levin down people's throat.

4. Who is the lone liberal? Alan Colmes? If that's the case, the irony of the top liberal talk radio host being a Fox News former employee/current contributor is too sweet.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Maybe it means people just don't want to listen to what liberals actually believe.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Or maybe the listeners are so fucking moronic that they actually believe Beck's nonsensical swill.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

He's your friend, ain't he? We're all fools one way or another. The latter two steps will suffice.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Fredo. Band of Thugs. Loud noises!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.