1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glenn Beck question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Though a homer, Maddow seems to rely more on facts than bluster. She actually brings righties on and has a conversation with them.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

smallpotatoes never disappoints with his "I have a question about a dopey talk show" threads.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is this a rerun?

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I haven't watched him since he went to FoxNews, but would watch him from time to time on CNN Headline News, Even then I could only take him in small doses. He was entertaining and would come up with the odd point that would make you go hmmm. Now it just sounds like he has gone off the deep end.

5. I could not believe how nuts he went almost immediately after joining Fox. Literally in two months he went from being occasionally funny to so obsessed with conspiracy theories that I truly believe he has a mental illness.

6. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I keep thinking he's either batshit crazy, or has to be an act. There's no way be could possibly believe all the stupid crap that flows from his piehole. The sad thing is there are people who buy his every word as gospel.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Marching orders from Daddy Rupert. Ramp up the crazy.

8. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Rupert is the money man, but the guy pulling the strings is Ailes.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

My friend's response about politifact's ruling on the John Holdren case and my comments on Breitbart's video:
    "What was Beck wrong about? Meaning what did he report or opine that ended up being incorrect? Was that the case where Holdren believed in putting substances in drinking water to sterilize and control population? You sided with the blogger who probably belongs to Journolist, the most unethical, egregious crime in the history of media. Then again, there are only 450 or so members and your guy might not have been invited. Maybe you thought that Holdren's own words of saying he believed in measures such as sterilizing drinking water meant people were getting extra fluoride or something.

If you feel that Breitbart acted unethically, then you believe that the attendees who were laughing at Sherrod's remarks of not originally helping the white farmer were not the clear signs of racism that he pointed out. You either clearly haven't seen the video or the segment which proves his charge.

How is pointing out racists being unethical?"

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Eh. I'm used to being laughed at by black women.

11. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

No disrespect intended, but your friend is way off base.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I agree, but is there any way of pointing out how he is off base or will that point just miss him completely?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.