1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glenn Beck pins blame for 9/11 attacks on Saudi Prince, News Corp. stakeholder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr7134, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

When my wife and I bought our first home a few years back, we spent the first few months without cable, without Internet access and without much entertainment at all.

I used to listen to Glenn Beck on the radio while we painted.

He actually terrified me. For about a month there, I thought he was speaking the truth. Then I realized he's insane. I worry about his sanity. His view of the world is so ... scary.

He needs to lighten up.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Re: Glenn Beck pins blame for 9/11 attacks on Saudi Prince, News Corp. stakehold

Oprah & Imus have both been known to sell books, but Beck last week played up a book published over 60 years ago, and it shot to number 1 on Amazon.

And it's still there!

Hayek's The Road to Serfdom is the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Road-Serfdom-F-Hayek/dp/0226320553

I still thin he's nuts, but that's pretty incredible.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Glenn Beck pins blame for 9/11 attacks on Saudi Prince, News Corp. stakehold

Yep, he also helped sales of a member of the American Nazi party too.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201006040053

4. YankeeFan

Was is a Joe Kennedy book?

Seriously, I'm not a fan of Beck, so there was no need for you to try discredit him in my eyes.

I just thought it was interesting that he moved a 60-year-old book to number one on Amazon.

5. Inky_Wretch

As long as we're discussing the Beck Book Club, I thought we should mention his other success at promoting books.

6. YankeeFan

Success?

Not quite a number 1 bestseller.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

My father is a staunch conservative who loves Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly.

He won't have anything to do with Glenn Beck because "he's nuts and he has a delusional cynicism that just depresses you."

I think that qualifies him as a fear monger.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Say what you want about Beck but he pulled off a pretty impressive A-political event yesterday that raised 5 mil for The Warrior Foundation. Turned out to be a nice tribute to Dr King that even left Al Sharpton tongue-tied.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

It wasn't a tribute to Dr. King. He's a shock jock and people listen to his crap without understanding what he's saying. Instead of talking about problems, he'd do better by showing solutions. I don't see that happening.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How was it not?

11. Inky_Wretch

Yes, I'm sure a 99-percent white crowd led by Caribou Barbie and Beck was a tribute to MLK. Sure.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hey. Nobody has had it harder in this country than white Christian males. Nobody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.