1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glenn Beck pins blame for 9/11 attacks on Saudi Prince, News Corp. stakeholder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr7134, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

This made me chuckle.

It's Glenn Beck at his best. He basically says that America would never accept money from a man like Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud, who offered a donation after 9/11.

He seems to forget that Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud is News Corporation's second biggest shareholder. So, there is a certain degree of irony in his condemnation of the man.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0603/glenn-beck-pins-911-attacks-major-fox-news-stakeholder/

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

smallpotatoes didn't start this thread? Wow.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't start political threads anymore.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Or maybe he does know that and saying it makes him, you know, courageous or something ...

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

You mean it wasn't the Nazis?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

and here... we... go...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Is it possible that Glenn Beck's entire career is a piece of performance art mirroring his life with Howard Beale's?

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I have a friend who is a big Glenn Beck fan. He says that everything Beck says is true, that it Beck were lying Obama wouldn't be pressuring his sponsors, that if I watched the entire show, I'd actually think he made sense and I'd agree with him.
    Call me closed-minded, but I know everything I want to know about Glenn Beck from watching Jon Stewart make fun of him.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I haven't watched Glenn Beck since he left CNN -- I don't get Fox's all news station. Then I could take him in small doses. He actually made the odd good point. But towards the end of his time there he started going further and further over the edge -- it looks like since then that he has completely lost touch with reality.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Glen Beck

I'm with HejiraHenry on this.

I don't think this is the first time he's knocked the Saudi Prince or "government."

Wonder if he thinks the Jews should just leave Palestine and go back to Poland or Germany? [crossthread]

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Re: Glenn Beck pins blame for 9/11 attacks on Saudi Prince, News Corp. stakehold

I'm not a fan of Beck. I think he's either nuts or a scam artist and a fear monger.

I don't turn into his radio or tv programs.

And I've always been offended by the ads for "investment opportunities" and "work at home" jobs that I hear way too often on conservative talk radio.

But...

The other day I did catch a few minutes of Frank Caliendo being interviewed by Beck on the radio.

And, while I've never particularly been a fan of Caliendo either (all those TBS promos made me hate him) he was funny, and Beck, to his credit let Caliendo do an impersonation of him.

He basically mocked him as a paranoid, fear mongering, nut.

I'm not sure how many other hosts would let a guest do that on their show.

I just looked and found the clip here if anyone is interested:

http://www.breitbart.tv/frank-caliendos-glenn-beck-impression-continues-to-evolve/

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-may-12-2010/back-in-black---glenn-beck-s-nazi-tourette-s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.