1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glazer: Favre giving coaching clinics to Packers' opponents

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

So Peter Frackin' King only adds to the annals of his utter douchebaggery by going so far in his fellating of the great Favre, actually having the gall to admonish a competitor for DARING to besmirch the name of his fantasy best friend?

Now I REALLY want this to be true. "He's having FUN!!! . . . . selling out his old teammates and the integrity of the game. He's like a (petulant little shit) KID out there!!!"

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was in Wisconsin today, and as one might imagine, this was ALL anyone was talking about.

I wonder how the rest of the Jets feel about this? Yo, hey Brett, why don't you keep your focus in-house, mmmkay.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Really I am surprised this doesn't happen more often. I am more than certain teams who sign or trade for players go to those players for the skinny on their former team. If it wasn't an amicable split, I really wouldn't be surprised if ex-star phones buddy on ex-team's rival and spills the beans.

As weak as it is to do I really doubt it is unheard of, not that I am completely excusing it, it should be dealt with by the league if it is going on.

The sad fact is, it really should not have made much of a difference for the Lions. When favre went to the Jets it was talked about forever how he spent his entire career in the exact same offence and now would have to learn a new system. My understanding is the system hasn't exactly been revamped for Rogers. If the Lions want to know what the Packers are going to do on offence, there are about 15 years worth of game tape to go over. Besides that, the Lions have seen the Packers offence in full opperation over the years, that they likely wouldn't have to do much study on it. the nightmares should be vivd enough.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"C'mon Eric, I don't need to watch any film on the Raiders. The last time I was there I threw four touchdowns and my dad had just kicked. Plus, can't you see I'm on the phone with Tony Dungy?"

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Some real gems on this thread, I gotta say. You guys should be writing for a living. :D

I'm kidding about that....but I really do think some of these posts are fucking priceless. Great job, keep 'em coming.

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Anyone care to discuss?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/21/espn-issued-internal-do-not-report-warning-on-favre-story/

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No surprise. Figured there had to be something like that sent out.

But now there must be some validity to the story, right ESPN?, since Tirico and Van Pelt spent some good time talking about it today ... and reading between the lines of what they were saying, they believe Favre placed the call to the Lions.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

It would seem rather unprofessional to me to ask your highly paid professionals to ignore a story if they can get to the truth. How would the brass who issued this 'memo' know for sure the report is untrue? The guys they just told NOT to report on the story would be the ones to tell them whether or not it was true...

It makes me think the memo meme is bogus, but I guess nothing would surprise me in Bristol...

9. Mizzougrad96

Beyond disgraceful.

10. Mizzougrad96

PFT has an "explanation" from ESPN about why they're "ignoring" the Favre story.

ESPN pisses me off a lot, but this is one of the worst examples I've heard of recently.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Kissing Up For Access . . . A Proud Tradition" . . . a holiday special, hosted by Scoop Jackson.

12. Mizzougrad96

In this case, it should star Mortensen and Werder.

Draft saved Draft deleted