1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gladiators, ready ......?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Jul 16, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I want to meet the poster who spends a Saturday night as a hamster. I'm serious.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Would you rather be in Assault or Altosphere?

I would pick Assault because I would consider myself agile enough to be able to dodge the shots and have good enough aim to maybe hit the target.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Without a doubt, I'd rather be in Assault. Overall, I think I'd like to play Powerball. But I'm good under pressure, so I think my strength would be in Assault.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

People, people, people. It is AtlAsphere.

Assault was the best because it didn't require an physical contact with the sweaty Gladiators, and it involved weapons. That would definitely be my pick. I would say the Eliminator, but I know that hand bike would kick my ass.

And I would pick Ice because I think she would be outrageous in the sack.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Knowing how in shape I am, I doubt I'd be able to make it up the initial ramp, pushing that medicine ball.

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Well, Ty, if you really want to go for the glory, here's a good place to start...

http://www.lorifetrick.com/

And for those of you following along with the reruns on ESPN Classic, set your Tivos, DVRs, VCRs or any other recording device you can find for Friday night. If they stick with their current schedule, Friday is the Season 3 Grand Championship, and it has probably the greatest Eliminator race ever.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The Eliminator was a solid event. I loved the one where they swing off the ropes and kick the hell out of the Gladiators. I was surprised one of them didn't tear the legs off of the people.

8. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

At risk of not ruining everything about it, was that the one with the guy who did the somersault across the finish line?

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Outstanding, Citizen. Ice is looking like a champ 15 years later.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Human Cannonball. Gemini was the man in that event.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Citizen, I am forever in your debt.

You are mine Lori!

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Oh yeah. That was that one. Man I love the American Gladiator shows, too bad I don't get ESPN Classic. If it restarts, I will be the first to sign up.

Draft saved Draft deleted