1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gladiators, ready ......?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Jul 16, 2007.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Courtesy of Slate.com. Full article at http://www.slate.com/id/2167727/fr/flyout

I'm not holding my breath for this actually happening, but if they do in fact go through with a revival of American Gladiators, I will openly weep with joy.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I can't stop watching the old ones on ESPN Classic. They are both hysterical and thrilling at the same time.

By the way, Nitro is a complete prick.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I loved the old show. When I was younger I used to chuck tennis balls at my cousin in my basement pretending I was on the show. Good memories.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

"If combat mano-a-mano is your style, the joust is your cup of tea."

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

With Stuart Scott as Mike Adamle....
    "see kids? Don't try this at home or THIS can happen to your head..."

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow, yet one more show cements my committment to never watch network TV unless there's a sporting event.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You bite your tounge!

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

does this have anything to do with those movies about gladiators (Capt. Oveur)

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think we all did something like that. In college, I took part in a joust. I won two of three matches, but that shit is hard as hell.

Which is a better game, Assault or Powerball?

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Assault all the way.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's my favorite, too. It takes the most skill, by far. The Wall takes the endurance, Powerball takes strength and speed, the Joust take focus, balance and strength. But Assault takes speed, strategy, agility, accuracy and patience. And balls.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Assault is easily the best game out there simply because the tennis balls are whizzing by the Gladiator's head. I think they should up the speed a little bit this go around if they go at it and include one baseball per rack. That would make things ultra interesting and a little better for network TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted