1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giving a talk...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

No breakfast this a.m. for me. Didn't think that was grumpy. If you want grumpy, though!!!!

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

hell, that's nothing.
    is grumpy -- or will be...

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would add that they should not assume that since their results from their big tournament, meet, etc. are on the internet that your paper will necessarily know where they are and know to get them in time.

An email with at least a link would be great.

Sometimes folks forget/outsource the results and so when you have an event that you think is important and your paper has written about in advance you need the results quickly and daily.

You can't wait for three days until someone decided to post them on a website on Monday night.

(Road races are particularly bad about this).

4. Several people about to be sent to their rooms.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Huntsie, as Rosebud would say, "You rock!"

I've been redoing my notes and handouts and the "hook" item will be a great thing to add.

What part of "extremely stressful week" don't you understand? :p Get to your room, and stay there. I'll think about being fun next week. :p

This isn't an athletic organization, but there are many things that will carry over -- I used to edit the community page for several years and there's lots of similarities between youth athletic submissions and youth activity submissions.

Draft saved Draft deleted