1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Give me a memorable write-in vote for the GOP primary

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Jan 23, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I live in Virginia, and considering only two candidates (Romney and Paul) are on the ballot, and my candidate (Huntsman) is out and I couldn't even vote for him anyway, I've decided to mount a write-in campaign in anticipation of our primary. If I'm going to waste my vote, I want it to be something so absurd that it makes newscasts - or brings more attention to SJ.

So far, the leading candidates are: Duff McKagen, of Guns 'n Roses fame; the mythical "dimwit on the phone"; Starman ;D; former Heroes co-star Dania Ramirez; and doodah.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Abe Lincoln, Kim Kardashian or Tim Tebow.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Kodos.

That way, when whichever candidate gets the nomination and loses the general, you can legitimately say, "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos."

5. dooley_womack1

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Barack Obama

7. dooley_womack1

Awesome.

Anyhoo....the Undertaker.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I can't keep all the shots you've taken at me straight.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Second the Kodos.
    Also Stephen Colbert or Max Power

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Of course you could write in Chuck Noris. It takes just one write in candidate for Chuck Noris to win the nomination, mind you.

11. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Chuck Norris doesn't need to be nominated - the only reason he isn't President is that it's beneath him.

Try writing in Ronald Reagan - with as many times as the GOP candidates have been comparing themselves to him during the campaign, he seems like the ideal candidate.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

When I saw the subject line, this is exactly what I planned to post. Excellent thinking, good sir.

Draft saved Draft deleted