1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls suspended for wearing same outfit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Oct 2, 2006.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/9949839/detail.html?subid=22100444&qs=1;bp=t

Are we SO paranoid that we have to suspend friends who dress alike? I remember dressing like my friends all the time when we were younger and no one questioned whether we were in a gang or not! I really think everyone's getting a little too paranoid these days.

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

You know, my first thought was the Honeymooners episode where Alice and Trixie were wearing the same dress when they were going to give Ralph an award for safe driving.

Maybe the next requirement will be that golfers have to say "hello, ball" before they swing the golf club.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

From the way they are dressed, they sure as hell don't look like gangbangers to me. The both of them looked like they could be in a school talent show doing a dance routine.

Unless they display the Crips or Bloods hand signs, this was overblown and an overreaction.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ReRun was their gang leader
    [​IMG]

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If teenage girls wearing the same outfit was a crime, cops would being hauling them away by the dozens at the local malls.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Am I the only one who thought that the "uniform" those two girls are wearing looks like what white power nutjobs wear?

Seriously, the red suspenders, white T-Shirts, jeans and (you couldn't see their feet) big black boots with red laces, are the standard uniform of Aryan Nation folk.

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Excellent point Zeke......the principal had reason to think they belonged to a gang, and a very voilent group as well.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yup ... they sure looked like white supremacists. ::)

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They should be suspended for wearing clown suspenders.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the boots are right. Communists wear red laces, skinheads wear white laces. That's one thing I learned from 4 years in Europe.

11. Maybe they're both firemen?

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

duh...really? ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted