1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Girls" running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I thought "Tiny Furniture" dragged on, and this looks like a continuation of that film.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A friend of mine who has decent taste in TV told me it was the worst show she's ever seen....

Granted, I don't think she had any idea what to expect going in...

I haven't seen it, but I haven't heard too many positives...

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I watched the pilot and found it lacking, so I didn't watch the second episode. I guess I'm just too old to relate to early 20s neuroses anymore, let alone semi-privileged female early 20s neuroses.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Mumblecore. Ya'd better like it.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, now I'm off Alma's sign-on and back on my own

6. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Two laughs, which is two more than in the pilot.

I see what they're trying to do.

But they're failing miserably.

7. This. Got better from the pilot to Ep. 2. I'll keep watching.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The lead chick reminds me of the female version of the kid from Arrested Development.

9. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

OK, the third episode was better, still. Somewhat explaining why the show has gotten such great reviews. I am pretty sure the critics got the first four episodes at one shot.

I think I'll stick with it through the rest of the season, since it's only a half hour.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The third episode was twice as funny as the other two put together. If it was on the same level as the first two episodes, I was going to take it out of my DVR rotation.

Loved the inclusion of Andrew Rannells, Hannah's ex, towards the end. He was one of the leads in The Book of Mormon on Broadway last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted