1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls prep hoops tragedy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rube, Feb 20, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Save it, preachy.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

He won't get the chance.

Benjamin says this is locked by 10 EST.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I don't know which part is worse, that she died or her father had to witness the death of his child.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're probably right, since he just can't stop himself from posting like an asshole.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You folks have delivered the message better than I could. Agree it was big-time classless.
    Sympathy to the family.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I hope her family can best understand and cope with this tragedy.

To people with a better memory than I have...

People dieing on the court, field and mat, was this happening 20 and 30 years ago?

Is this a case of the internet flattening the world?

Or are there just more kids dieing playing sports?

And if so, why?

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Holy crow. I could actually see that happening as I read along.

8. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

You know you're wrong and can't admit it. Just step up and say it. You HAVE to know you inserted your foot in your mouth. We all have done it. We type things without thinking.
    But to be snarky cuz other people have taken offense to it, that's not cool.

Anyway, I know cuz I don't have 15,000 posts you'll probably just crap all over what I just said, but I just felt the need to say it.

May her family find peace and may she RIP.

9. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

Have a clue. Good lord, have some respect.

These stories break my heart.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Good questions.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

We had the same thing happen with a player last October, basketball as well. The coach used the defib kit to save a life. Just an amazing story.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/nov/30/gratitude-heart-coach-saves-teenagers-life/?imw=Y

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This is just awful. RIP to the girl and I hope her family and friends find peace.

And Tripp, don't worry about your post count giving or taking away credibility. As poin is showing perfectly well in this thread, post count is no indication of class or maturity. Or in his case, the complete lack thereof.

Draft saved Draft deleted