1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls basketball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by thegrifter, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I'm loving the 52-3 game, especially with the one girls scoring all three points. Makes me wonder if they were from a set play coming out of the halftime break.

2. Why do people put this crap in the paper? Honestly, it can't be worth the 10 subscriptions from the players' families.

3. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Tuesday night we had a 117-25 game matching the top team in the league against a first-division team. And a 92-7 game.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

One of our teams played a team that scored ONE point in the FIRST FUCKING HALF. One girl (almost two) outscored said team by herself.

5. YankeessSuck

YankeessSuck Member

Girls hoops in my area sucks pretty bad. When I would cover a game and a girl for the Poduck Tigers would get a steal I would immediately write down a turnover on her because without fail, she would turn it right back over by double dribbling on the fast break. What is it with girls and not being able to handle this basic basketball skill?

Oh, we did have a score once called in -- 104-4.

6. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

73-4 at an area tournament tonight. The losing team had one girl get a bucket in the first quarter and a different girl score in the fourth.

There was also a 52-19 game in the boys' version of the same tournament.

7. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Actually, Sam, North Edgecombe football took a hit this season, too. The Warriors won one game, which, I believe, came down to the final play or so, and were outscored 356-78. The boys' basketball team looks pretty good, though.

Also, I was covering that 109-9 game and the winning coach is either full of crap or has players who don't listen to her. She told me after the game that she told her players to not press during the second half. They pressed. A lot. They forced three steals ... in the final minute of the game. I thought it was some pretty poor sportsmanship.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Scoring balance. Sign of an up-and-coming ballclub.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

We had a game 71-3. Yikes.

10. roxraidersfan

roxraidersfan Member

Had a 74-18 game this week featuring girls large school state champs against small, private school.

Worst beating I have ever seen was private large school state champs beating small, inner city school in first round of girls playoffs 129-8 (With running clock). Private school had press on for entire game.

Walked up to asst. coach after game and all he said was "I know, I know, we look like d$&ks now. What were we supposed to do, stop playing?"

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good grief ... North Edge is now a speed bump? So is Midway in Spivey's Corner. Is nothing consistent in this world? :D

Is Leggett laying off of Raymond Cobb, or is he hearing it from those whose lives hinge on those handful of Friday nights?

Is this coach kin to David Bagwell, who used to be - and may still be at - North Johnston. He was known for pressing teams that absolutely stink and whom even complete idiots could tell weren't able to fight back and weren't going to come back. It never broke my heart when he was getting booted out of the playoffs every year.

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Well, Raymond Cobb is now down in the southern part of the county at SouthWest Edgecombe. The people in Pinetops love him, b/c the Cougars went undefeated before losing in the third round of the playoffs.
    North Edgecombe - the school is falling apart, the enrollment is dipping and the talent is transferring to other schools. The same guy is football coach, AD and basketball coach. Hell of a guy and a good football coach (was an assistant under Cobb for a long time). But he's going to a gunfight with a pencil.

Draft saved Draft deleted