1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls basketball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by thegrifter, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

So I gues I should be happy I covered a 46-32 game yesterday and a 49-45 game today? Somehow the 46-32 game was more exciting. Perhaps it was all the missed shots that resulted in 71 combined rebounds.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I covered two girls games similar to that on Thursday. Luckily, I washed the taste out of my mouth with a 113-102 men's college game today.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

We have a few decent girls players. Problem is they are spread out among 11 schools. The rest of the girls make you say, "What made you think you could play basketball?"

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Once the season opens here in NJ in two weeks we'll have some great girls basketball (and some awful girls basketball). I'll post some scores once the season begins.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I've seen good and bad games from both the boys and the girls.

But I determined this weekend there is nothing more painful to watch than high school diving, of either gender.

6. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Girls' high school team defeats cross-county rivals 109-9
    PINETOPS, N.C. (AP) - With less than a minute remaining, SouthWest Edgecombe scored as many points as their opponents could manage in an entire game.
    The final score Tuesday night after the Cougars went on a final 9-point run was 109-9 and it left the losing coach of North Edgecombe fuming.
    "We didn't execute because we don't have a good ball handler," said Warrior coach James Vines. "We could not beat their press. But (Cougar coach Sandra Langley) kept some of her starters in the entire game and they pressured us the whole game. She didn't have to do that."
    It's the second single-digit drubbing in four games this year for North, which lost 73-9 on Friday to Tarboro and 33-25 to Jamesville on Nov. 28. Their sole win came the next day in a rematch with Jamesville, a 30-15 victory at home.
    Langley insisted she tried not to run the score up, playing her entire bench and stopping the full-court press at halftime. Even so nine of her 12 players scored.
    "You have to tell the kids to play hard, that's just basketball," she said.
    ___
    Information from: The Daily Southerner, http://www.dailysoutherner.com/

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Everybody's getting back at North Edgecombe girls basketball. Their football program - at least as of a few years ago - had been dogging its opponents.

If any girls coach should be dogged around there, it was (is?) North Johnston's. Sorry bastard was known for pressing teams he knew couldn't fight back. It never really broke my heart to see them gone in the postseason.

8. FCE

FCE Member

last friday, we had a 52-3 game.

score by quarters

0 0 3 0

same girl had a basket and a free throw -- 100 percent of team's scoring

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

You hush your mouth about Raymond Cobb. He's a genius. And the savior. Jesus has nothing on him.[/Loser SouthWest Edgecombe fanboy]

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oh, I know no one has much of anything on Raymond Cobb. I've never heard of him doing much of anything nasty. He was decent to me when I had to do a playoff game in Leggett a few years ago.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Sam, my friend, I love the avatar.

As much a self-made player as the league has seen in the last 20 years.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I just covered a 78-51 girls game where three girls, two on one team, scored more than 20 points. This is a true sign of the apocalypse.

Draft saved Draft deleted