1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls basketball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by thegrifter, Nov 24, 2006.

1. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

The season just kicked off for us, and I thought it would be interesting to keep a tally on some of the worst scores from across the country today.
    The first score we got in was 75-7.
    I'm guessing that'll hold up for the rest of the night.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I had a 78-8 on Tuesday night.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

They play girls' basketball in the winter? [/michigan sports writer] :D

We're going into state championship week here.

4. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

really? I don't think I've ever lived someplace that plays basketball in the fall.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

What would be worse, the 78-7 game or a game that is 30-25? I know the 30-25 game would have suspense, but it would likely be... "Holy cow, someone actually was able to pull their head out of their a$$ and score."

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think at least in the 30-25 game you have a chance at an interesting stretch run; can the team that's behind make any kind of inroad.

The thing about the 78-8 game was the eight points were all scored in the second quarter. They got shut out in the second half.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Michigan is the only state now I believe. At one point there were others, including Minnesota, Hawaii and 4-5 others.

College coaches love it because they can see the players in their offseason.

A bunch of spoiled volleyball moms are suing the state right now to try to get the seasons switched. They've won at the district level, but it's been overturned on appeal. Both sides are still fighting.

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I had a 35-29 game a little over a week ago. The winning team got 15 points from a girl who did not score in the next game. The losing team got 13 and 10 points from its top two scorers. Out of the 18 or so players suited up for the two teams, it looked like maybe five could actually play.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Our season doesn't start until Monday, thank God.

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Had a regional playoff game in the Great White North by a score of 42-9 Friday.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

There was a 50-0 barnburner the other week around here.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Does that mean you had girls basketball in the fall?

Draft saved Draft deleted