1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls basketball team in Minnesota loses 65-0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

School has under 100 students.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/79079887.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUeyD8_o8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Lisa Leslie's 101 points in the 1st half her senior year. South Torrance coach refused to bring his team onto the court after halftime, preventing Leslie from breaking Cheryl Miller's national record of 105 points.

http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Leslie/Leslie_bio.html

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Please, oh please, can RickStain write the gamer?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Coach of the winning team should be fired.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Team that lost was in the state tourney last year. Guess it's fair to say Wrenshall rebuilds and doesn't reload.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've never seen it in a shutout, but I've seen scores that are even more lopsided. Unless they were still pressing, shooting threes and using starters at the end of the game, I think you are overreacting just a tad.

7. Small Town Guy

I think another minnesota team got shut out a few years ago, a team from the Twin Cities that had been to state the year before as well. All their players left for open enrollment the following season.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Think blue.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

RICKSTAINVILLE -- The Wrenshall girls basketball team posted a stellar defensive effort Thursday night, clamping down to hold the visiting Moose Lake-Willow River team to 65 points.

10. Small Town Guy

Fixed/crossthread.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well struck.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"Our goal was to hold Moose Lake-Willow to below 70 points. Their average was 76," Wrenshall coach Tiger Wouldnt said. "We discussed options and decided that pity was our best bet. It worked."

Draft saved Draft deleted