1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls...as friends?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jakewriter82, Feb 17, 2008.

1. longgone

longgone Member

Wow, CU, that's a close-minded way of looking at the world. I guess you think some women are so ugly or dumb or whatever that you would have to lower your standards.

2. I think a part of any heterosexual man wants to sleep with any woman he finds attractive.
    However, if you can't manage that part of yourself, then you are a lowlife who will find himself face rape charges.
    I feel sorry for guys who can't be with women just because they find them attractive, or because they find them unattractive.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Excellent explanation, Buck. I was reading this thread trying to figure out how to explain my own feelings on the subject and you nailed it.

Three of my closest friends from college are women. It's not that I don't find all three of them attractive. I do. There was definitely a spark of something with a two of them back when we met. For various reasons (them having boyfriends, me having girlfriends or just bad timing), we simply remained friends and got to the point that we would never want to change things even if there weren't marriages or other relationships in the way.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That's rich coming from someone who has written two of the most ignorant posts I've seen on this thread.

5. longgone

longgone Member

Hmmm, forever, I'm guessing that blonde under your posts number is just a good friend.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

She is actually. Completely not his type.

7. longgone

longgone Member

Good point, Buck.

8. longgone

longgone Member

Not quite.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yea, I think it did, but keep digging.

10. longgone

longgone Member

Well, I guess it did. Geez, you guys are so prescient.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Maybe longgone doesn't know what you two were getting at with those comments. Maybe he didn't read the song explanation thread.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Whatever it is, I think he eventually got the point.

Draft saved Draft deleted