1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl In A Tuxedo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 13, 2009.

1. blueview

blueview Member

My junior year, the homecoming queen chose to sport the tux in her senior photo. Her photo was gorgeous.

At my senior prom, we had two girls - best friends, maybe more - go as a couple. The administration had a problem with them buying a couples ticket and not single tickets, but didn't bat an eye when one came in a tux and the other in a prom dress.

And now some administration is up in arms over a girl who wants to wear a tux? Has political correctness now gotten this absolutely outrageous?

2. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

DON'T LOOK ETHEL!

[​IMG]

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Thanks, now I'm going to have "Girlfriend In A Coma" in my head the whole weekend.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

he did until this cat rolled into town:

[​IMG]

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bastard.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Thing I never understood was, why the heck didn't Kevin Bacon just file a friggin lawsuit against the town and claim that his First Amendment rights to free expression were violated?

Just like, why didn't Daniel LaRusso ever just file assault charges against the Cobra Kai? Or get himself a gun?

Stuff like this keeps me awake at night.

7. OTOH, the homecoming queen had a gun, and look where that got us.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i also believe things would have worked out better in the end for carrie if she just would have filed suit the second she smelled pigs' blood.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

FOIA would have made Jerry Thompson's job a lot easier.

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

What can I say?

However, I must give you props since you're tech savvy enough to actually post a photo. Some day I may figure it out.

Still, I'm a little troubled that we seem to think so much alike (not to mention surprised that Angola! hasn't made some snarky comment about that).

11. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Classic case of something meaningless being overly emphasized. With all the assaults on traditional morality, this is NOT the battle to pick.

Kudos to G.B. Hack on the Ron Simmons picture.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Having driven through Lebnin today, I think I see the motivation for why the girl wants a tux -- the family can't afford a prom dress. That has become one rundown town.

Draft saved Draft deleted