1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl In A Tuxedo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

nah...she's more my style
    [​IMG]

2. As always, TWW got there first. And in Episode 1, too.

Van Dyke: Show the average teenager a condom and his thoughts will turn to sex.
    Toby: Show the average teenager a lug wrench and his thoughts will turn to sex.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

[​IMG]

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

It's not Lebanon. It's Lebnin. (Native pronunciation)

Maybe instead of the tux, she should have said she wanted to dress up as Rick Mount. No worries from the principal on that one!

[​IMG]

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I have no problem with a girl in a tux...
    [​IMG]

I do have a problem with the principal being a douche.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. bigblueman

bigblueman Member

The principal doesn't surprise me at all.

Indiana is one of the most racist and just plain backward thinking places I've ever been through.

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

It's almost always both.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

[​IMG]

Why, kind sir, we would aver that while Indiana certainly has its share of racist history, making a quantitative or qualitative of "most racist" and "most backward thinking" is difficult even you purport to have the empirical evidence to support your theory. You must take into account such factors as age, ethnic background, length of time in the present location and ownership of Camaros and factor them into a complicated algorithm, and even then what you are left with is a snapshot that purports to describe the whole yet does not portray the subtle shadings therein. Does New York not have racists? Is not Colorado home to the most vile Congressman on immigration issues? Is not California home to more white pride groups than any other state? Yet even in the calculus, how can we declare any of these locations to be "most racist," or "least racist?" And how is the opinion not affected by the biases of those who would issue it? However, our study will continue into this matter because without some such measuring, we cannot also come up with algorithms to determine how to reduce racism and backward thinking.

(Algernon dies).

Whoo-wee! We gon' shoot that dadburn girl in th' pengin suit! Hot-wahr up the Camaro, Billy Bob!

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Susan Sarandon wore a tux to the Golden Globes this year. I'm pretty fucking sure she's not gay. Principal is just a dickwad.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I'm sure the real concern of the principal and whoever else thinks it's a good idea to ban her from the tux is the fear that the next thing would be a guy wearing a dress.

Sixteen years ago at my senior prom in the middle of nowhere Minnesota, we had a girl wear a tux. And no one gave a shit.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Gee, what's next. A ban on dancing?

12. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Where are Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer when we need them?

Draft saved Draft deleted