1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gilbert Arenas fakes injury so teammate will get to start

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 14, 2010.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/14/AR2010101404140.html?hpid=topnews

Of all the things to get indignant about when it comes to athletes, a player faking an injury in a preseason game so Nick Young can get a start seems pretty low on the list. Living in D.C., I know Gil hasn't really bought any goodwill, but seriously, this is nothing (and pretty funny).

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It IS something, but only because Gilbert opened his yapper about it. If you're going to do it, fine. I got no problem with that. Do it and keep it quiet, though. But noooooo, he's gotta run his mouth and be the center of attention, despite the fact that he says he hates being the center of attention.

What a tool.

It's not about him sitting so another guy could play. It's the way he went about it.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have no problem with him doing it. I have a problem with him talking about doing it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

maybe Young let him win when they played cards.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Exactly.

6. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

A bullshit, hack move which shows a severe lack of killer instinct.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Over-under date on Arenas' next fuck-up that leads to his arrest/suspension: Dec. 3.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's the media's fault, though, for reporting what he was only too glad to talk about.

9. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Under

Draft saved Draft deleted