1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giants Duped On Their Super Bowl Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ringate!!!!!!

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Funny thing is the Patriots get their rings hand-made (no pun intended) by Jostens. I worked with board fave Stacey James and Jostens to do a story about the making of a super bowl ring and my crew filmed them making Bob Kraft's replacement ring after Putin stole his. IIRC, the ring is designed in Minnesota but made in Texas, which led to a very elaborate shoot over the course of about a month but it was fun, none the less.

Tiffany rings are great for weddings, but for a SB? Bleeeh.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Isn't Tiffany's a place to get a great breakfast as well?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Unless the Giants are truly miffed that Tiffany herself isn't creating their rings by hand, this probably isn't a big deal.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I would agree, but if the Giants only became aware as a result of Paul's story then it might be an issue. It seems like they pitched the players on the idea of a "Tiffany" ring.
    Now the guild is off the lillly.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Tiffany & Co., after plenty of creative input from Giants ownership and players, designed the team's official Super Bowl championship ring

What part of this don't you understand? These are Tiffany rings. The fact that Tiffany outsourced some of the production is 110% irrelevant.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

The only person named "Tiffany" that has anything to do with this mega corporation is the former exotic dancer who works behind the engagement ring counter.

7. Boom_70

jr jr the jewelry czar

8. Grimace

Grimace Guest

This non-story subject thread reaching three pages is a Giants-over-the-Patriots type of shocker. (And yes I know I contributed to it by posting something.)

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's OK.

We're trying to keep Boom amused so he doesn't spend all day picking his nose.

10. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I thought that's what 21 was for.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think I'll leave that one for someone else to play with.

12. Boom_70

I find writing limericks in my spare time amusing. Just keep on providing fodder and I'll remain entertained.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.