1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GGW founder sentenced

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by joe king, Dec 14, 2006.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

I don't think anything's been posted on this -- my expertise with the search function is apparently quite rudimentary -- but since we have discussed Joe Francis and his sleazo tactics here in the past, I thought some of you might be interested.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/articles/_a/girls-gone-founder-gets-community/20061213135509990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

What would be appropriate community service work for this guy? Scrubbing toilets without a brush?

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

If you read the story online, or on the wire, you'd see a correction was appended, noting that the first story referred to him as "Steve Francis."

Incidentally Cuttino Mobley cried for three hours before the correction was made.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

I just re-read the link I posted and it says Steve Francis (though the cutline on the photo has it right). JK productions regrets the error.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That story would almost require a quote from the LA Times writer he allegedly raped while she was working on a story about the empire, wouldn't it?

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

What a weasel.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If I remember correctly, he didn't rape her...

7. Sly

Sly Active Member

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Isn't getting girls to flash strangers and frankly all of America service enough? Or am I living in East Germany all of a sudden?

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

He didn't rape her, but he was extremely abusive. She did a good job reporting about this weasel/slimebag

Draft saved Draft deleted