1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Getz is Gay"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. printdust

printdust New Member

Some people are much more clear on what is bigotry and what isn't. It's not in the hysterical zone.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So, DW, what do you suggest we do to make sure people don't have wrong thoughts?

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

This thread is retarded for all of the gay comments being made. I feel gypped.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No one is hysterical. Telander wasn't hysterical, either. You can object in a reasoned manner without being hysterical.

5. Dick Whitman

Educate people.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Is it a heavy burden to be one of the educated people whose thoughts are acceptable?

7. printdust

printdust New Member

By the way out, you left this book by my door. Scanned the first chapter. Good comedy.

[​IMG]

8. Dick Whitman

Do I think bigotry toward homosexuals is unacceptable? Yes, I do. And I definitely don't consider that way of thinking a burden.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If Dante were around today, he'd have to add the circle of hell that included watching "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" with Dick Whitman and oop.

10. I think I've been Jewed.. And you're an indian giver!

11. Dick Whitman

I told you. I think it's funny. I think the line is funny.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The "crew that found the prank funny" is probably the same crew that finds fart jokes funny. Are you old enough to drink?

Even if I grant that this comment wasn't homophobic, Beckham should be embarrassed for acting like he was at a frat house party where shit like that is considered "friendly" and "facetious". Eventually, those douchebags grow up.

Talk about arrested development

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.