1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting Facebook "unfriended"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 3, 2015.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Sunshine is winning the Internet on this thread.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

If you truly would like to know how your former mentor-ish-type person is doing, you could always send him an email or pick up the phone and call him. That would demonstrate your interest more so than reading some page.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

What's Facebook? ;)

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The new MySpace.

6. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

I've been unfriended by virtually everyone I've ever had sex with.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So it's only happened to you once.;)

8. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

I know this is an odd way for us to meet, but Hello, son.

Batman, I Should Coco, BDC99 and 2 others like this.
  9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I have a small cadre of people whom I will never unfriend, basically family or close friends.

Other than that, if you're too much of an obnoxious braggart, if you're a homophobe, or if you personally insult me, you're gone.

10. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I had a few Facebook friends from work at my last job but when I moved to my current shop I made a steadfast rule to not Facebook friend any of them.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have never unfriended anyone, but I have hidden two feeds.

One was a high school friend who travels a lot on business. Any trip is an excuse for her to write about 50 posts per trip complaining about something.

The second is a mother of a preschool classmate of my daughter who I haven't seen in years. She constantly posts picture of her family followed by about 10-20 hashtags. Things like #eatingpasta #redsauce #lovemyboyseatingziti. I thought it was performance art or something, but she's apparently serious.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Awesome. Though that would get old fast. I usually hide the people who constantly post about how fucking happy they are all the time or post multiple times a day on their fitness regimens.

Draft saved Draft deleted