1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting caught up with the greatest Xmas movie of all time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Dec 19, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

Going through the second movie right now and aside from the insane amount of intense close-ups provided, the sexond most annoying thing is Robert Patrick continually referring to Dallas as "Dullus."

At least some henchman just got an icicle through his eye.

2. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I haven't seen DH4. I love the first one. I liked the second one. And I'm in the minority...I thought the third was dreadful. Was I the only that initially thought that Uncle Scar was the villain in the third flick?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's Dulles Airport. Why would he be talking about Dallas?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Even Bruce Willis takes shots at Die Hard 3. That movie was crap.

1 was a great action flick.

2 was decent but an airport is a boring place to stage it.

3 was way over the top.

4 was pretty good but the scenes with the jet and the truck on the highway were way over the top.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nope, it's "Die Hard." I've felt that way for years, and I never fail to watch it during Christmas season. I love Slate for running those two columns. Awesome.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

It's on HBO right now.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The thread title is misleading, being as how the thread's not about Bad Santa.

Hell, as action flicks go, Lethal Weapon was a better Christmas movie.

The first Die Hard was good. The second was very mediocre (sorry, even my suspension of disbelief flies out the window when McClane fires the machine gun full of blanks at Sipowicz in the office, and doesnt get gunned down by all those other cops in the room).

Didn't bother seeing the other two. But I was amused by the thread earlier this year where some dudes called McClane the greatest action star of all time.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/44062/

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hmmm ... some guy named Norrin Radd was amused, too. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted