1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get ready to rumble! Multiple WWE jobs!

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Diabeetus, Jul 6, 2009.

1. expectingrain

expectingrain New Member

If the choice is doing real "sports journalism" by covering high schools in the deep south for $15K a year (95 percent of the jobs on here) or joining Vince McMahon's traveling circus, I'll take the wrasslin' any day.

Not a fan. Just saying.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's all cool. I'm not above watching it once in awhile, and I don't look down on fiction and PR jobs. But that's what these are.

3. RFB-Boy

RFB-Boy Member

Fiction and PR jobs? Where do I sign up? $45K and steady work for a company that people are lining up to throw their money at ... yeah, it's not journalism, but neither is half the crap a lot of sports writers out there are spewing out anyway. If it comes down to choosing between journalistic principles and putting food on the table, which is a decision most of us will probably have to make in the future, I have a good feeling about which one will win out.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Well said.

To everyone else:

Is it fake? Yes. But it's "sports entertainment." Not a hard concept to understand. I'd question if it belongs on this board, too, but who really cares? It's a job.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's sports entertainment in the same way that a fast food joint is a "quick-service restaurant." It's just a crummy buzzword they made up for themselves, and I don't have to speak corporate.

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I'd show up for my interview in a mask.

7. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Why is this on a journalism site...isn't this fiction writing? ;D

8. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Storylines? Scripts???? What is that supposed to mean?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah. I thought they were fighting for real .... :)

Draft saved Draft deleted