1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get ready Moddy...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Sep 23, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Diamond was dirt cheap. For $6 (or $8?) you could slap Andy Marte on the ass.

I honestly cannot remember the consession price.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

And enjoy his walk-up music.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to wager that beers did not cost $8 and that hot dogs did not cost $6.50.

I went to a P-Nats game a couple years ago and bought a box of popcorn for a buck. Tickets were like $5. Now, they have a "ticket for a dollar" night or something like that. I love minor league baseball. Loved covering wooden bat summer league back in the day, too. MLB? Meh. I enjoy it, but not nearly as much.

I'll definitely make the drive to Richmond for a couple games.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I can tell you it wasn't cheap. I mean, you could probably get Bud Light or something cheaper, but anything in a bottle was $6 or $7. I got a Yuengling. $6. Cotton Candy was expensive too (like $4 a bag).

Prices weren't THAT far down from the Nats game I went to a few weeks ago.

5. JackReacher

Well, I think it's horrible to charge $7 for a beer at a minor league park. Six bucks...that's right on the line. Five is what I'd deem not a dry rape.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

You can get a 32-ouncer at the Frontier League park in Evansville for $4.50. But you have to use it to wash away the taste of the shitty baseball.

7. imjustagirl

With a 32-ounce beer purchased before the game, I wouldn't even realize there WAS baseball by the second inning. :D

8. JackReacher

Different sport, but this bar in Fairfax is a VT bar during football season. On game days, if you bring a VT cup, up to 32 oz, you get $2 beers. Three-plus hours of 32 oz. beers....debacle.

9. Wade Boggs laughs at your tolerance level.

10. imjustagirl

I meant the first beer being before the game. I can put down more than 32 ounces.

Actually, I'd probably never buy a beer that big at a baseball game. It gets warm too quickly. Better to buy smaller and more often.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

They've got $1 beer night here where they sell the little 10-ounce cups for a George Washington. I've been hammered in the outfield pavillion more times than I care to mention.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Your chance to name the team.

http://whatcounts1.mediageneral.net/dm?id=23CCAF4846E5D3C35DAE3753F4C5B5932E6AE64CBF1B101C

Not in play:
    Richmond Virginians
    Richmond Robins
    Richmond Rebels
    Virginia Squires (how could I forget them?)

They should retrofit The Diamond to resemble old Parker Field. That was a minor-league ballpark.

Draft saved Draft deleted