1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get a Life! Morans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, May 20, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Complaining does have its rewards. I stayed at a Motel 6 in Carlsbad, Calif., one time and the room was horrible even for Motel 6 standards, complete with smoke from the AC that wasn't working. I complained and got a certificate for a free night anywhere in the chain.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Every time I see it I wonder if the guy is aware of what an Internet meme he's become. (Or how he would spell "meme.")

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I always wondered whether that sign was photoshopped.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

According to this site, it's real. Believe it or not, though. Intrawebs!

5. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Actually, the thread title was stolen from Fark's headline. I read that story this morning.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]
    Why would an Irish pub feature Dutch lager? Oh yeah, they're Morans.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

That's about right, AA. My parents are headed to a Hawaiian cruise in about a week. Grand total for seven-day cruise in a balcony stateroom, airfare AND two extra nights in Honolulu was about $6,300, minus shore excusions.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So if I complain about a hotel chain but continue to stay in Marriotts for points, then I shouldn't bitch if my smoke alarm goes off in the middle of the night or if the elevator doesn't work or if my neighbors scream all night?

Wrong.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if that's compensation or a penalty.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Here's my thought...and the cruise line said the same thing. If you've gotten so much bad service, if you've had so much to complain about, why do you keep going back?

This morning at McDonald's a woman held up the only open register for nearly 10 minutes because of her vanilla coffee. She kept complaining it was watered down, her side cup of ice wasn't filled enough, etc., ad nauseum. To her friend, she said, "I don't understand this. They never get the coffee right. I've never had a good cup of vanilla coffee here."

Well then, you moran, quit going to freaking McDonald's for your stupid coffee. There's a Starbucks less than 1/4 of a mile away, on the same side of the street. Go there if McD's can't get your stuff right. Or stop going to McDonald's at all.

11. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Joe Piscopo?

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

If it's domestic discord screaming, then you complain. If its intimate, blissful screaming, you listen through the wall with a glass.

Draft saved Draft deleted