1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get a Life! Morans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, May 20, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Damn, he got five out of the six words right.

Cubs fans would get too drunk to even show up at whatever event this dude was protesting, then try to make up for it my spelling the same sign with their own sick ... incorrectly.

Horry cow! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How does last place feel, Bubs?

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Feels too Chicago for my liking.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Get used to it.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Six cruises in less than four years, and they complained about all but one.

"Boy, the food at this place is really terrible."
    "Yeah, I know; and such small portions."
    [/Woody Allen]

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Um, I don't think their complaints about the raw sewage were unwarranted and a 20% discount doesn't seem very much.

I'm thinking if you are spending $10,000 on a cruise (number picked out of my ass), you have certain expectations about the level of service.

The new client service motto is: give us your money and STFU.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

If you complain about sewage? Absolutely. But it sounds like they cried wolf a little too much. Oh, my, God, they went to the wrong room to deliver a birthday greeting. THE HORROR! They sound like people who tried to run the system in order to avoid paying full price.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Mark,
    I was thinking about that but as I said, cruises for the most part aren't inexpensive and I think there's a certain level of service you can expect.

If you go to Hooter's and complain about the food, well you're just being an asshole.

If you go to a three star Michelin restaurant then the food better be damn perfect for the $400.00 you just dropped on the meal.

More and more service companies (hello, Rogers Cable), treat the customers like some giant pain in the ass and make it as difficult as possible to get service issues resolved. (Just try to get the same cllient service person twice in a row).

Nine times out of ten, I'd rather deal with a federal government department than a cable or phone company.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've been on a cruise and any expectation you might have over the course of a five- or seven-day cruise (or longer) that NOTHING will go wrong is stupid. Have you ever had an extended stay in a hotel where there were absolutely NO issues whatsoever? Not talking about those that would make you complain. I'm talking about any issues at all.

Now imagine that hotel on a ship, spending a good deal of time away from land. Folks, there's going to be problems. Nothing's going to be perfect.

The sewage issue? Legit. The hubby getting locked on the balcony because of a latch? Legit (although, unless he was out there by himself and no one was in the room, I cannot possibly imagine it taking three hours for him to get back in).

But some of the other issues? C'mon. If they're cruising that often, they should know and be used to it by now. In my mind, there's definitely a bit of hustle going on in their thinking.

And $10,000 may not be wholly accurate for a price per cruise, JR. Even a week-long cruise, with a nice cabin, should cost less than $5,000 for a couple. Lots less.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

No, no, believe me, I agree 100% with your total premise before about customer service being non-existent these days.
    I just think these folks abused it to their benefit.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If you think the service is lousy, you write a complaint letter and vote with your pocketbook by booking another cruise line. These morans took six trips with RC in less than four years. If you don't like the feel when you hit yourself over the head with a hammer, you stop long before six hits.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

As someone who has now cruised eight times I know there are people who complain to try to get discounts and upgrades and the like. They cruised six times in four years and complained all the time. That sounds a little contradictory.

Draft saved Draft deleted