1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Georgia gov rips AJC for lack of "boosterism"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Franklin, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Drock

Drock Member

For starters, "Dogs get put in their place" is not a particularly good headline.

Second, Sonny might or might not have a point about how the AJC deals with Georgia issues overall, not just in sports, but he comes across as a nit-picking whiner.

Third, Georgia fans that read the AJC will love him for sticking up for his alma mater.

By the way, Sonny has a small role in We Are Marshall.

[​IMG]

2. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Flying through the ATL, I saw the paper and the headline didn't strike me as bad. If you read the story, the headline fit just fine.

As an aside, I was a little amazed at all the dialogue in the paper (including Barnhart's column) about where teams should be ranked at this point in the season, BCS notwithstanding.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Jesus, I love that column. Great work, Mash. I'm proud to call you a friend.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

Column has a point, then it tacks predictions against the spread at the bottom? ???

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I believe he's a former player, or was associated with the program at one time. If I had to pick, I'd rather get bitched at by someone like that than an ordinary fanboy.

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

The Sun Herald has an SEC page on Thursdays during football season. Mashek writes a column, ranks the teams in the conference and runs his picks for the weekend. It's one of those things that looks cool on a page, but the deliniation between the column and the picks doesn't come through on the Web.

8. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Good headline or not, fuck the governor. Opportunist asshole politician who needs to make sure he squawks enough to keep his name out there until the next election. Of course, they never squawk about anything that matters.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He will get plenty of votes just on the basis of his recently being a fearless defender of Georgia football. It's retarded beyond belief, but such is the American polity.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Perdue needs a slap from Max Cleland...badly!

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Another Tennessee team just put Georgia in its place again. Alert the AJC.

12. ronalong

ronalong Guest

Go, Crimson Tide, Go. The Governor doesn't have anything to complain about, more than any other fan.

Draft saved Draft deleted