1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Georgia Dome hit by tornado?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 14, 2008.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Georgai IS the turd in the punchbowl. (and I'm a Georgia fan). They were sub-.500 until yesterday, and there is the aforementioned 4-12 conference record. All of which is beside the point of equity where the SEC Tournament is concerned. The competition ought to be fair. And I'll stick to the notion that it's not, even if Georgia wins.

Oh, and pity the poor TV network that is dictating all this, btw.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Show me where I condoned class action suits and I'll buy you a Cadillac; moonroof or no moonroof, your preference.

And Dennis Felton needs to get a grip, especially considering that he coaches in the state where most of the devastation has occurred. He could have come out and said, "man, we just hope some of these people that have had their lives turned upside down in our home state are alright. We're not real happy about two games in a day, but when you look around this city and this region and see what happened you understand it's not that big a deal."

Seriously, How'd you like to have your home ripped apart in this shitty economy? What insurance doesn't cover ("Sorry sir, but it clearly states in your policy that you are covered in the event of a storm, not a tornado. In order to be covered for tornadoes, you needed to buy our extended policy coverage.") you may no even get home improvement loan to fix because the banking industry is all fucked up. Now you turn on your transistor radio (because you have no power) and hear Felton crying about two games in a day like a girl who got jilted at the prom. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

But no, lets bitch and moan and crybaby and whine about how your stupid basketball team, which has sucked balls for the greater part of the conference schedule, is getting the raw end of the deal. I repeat, wanna get in the big dance: do better than 4-12 in your regular season schedule. If you were 8-8 in the regular season I'd understand, but you're not. Not even close. Fuck, if you lose today you won't even make the NIT, that's how shitty you are.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

1. Felton has been a total dick every time I've been around him.

2. Felton has been a crybaby every time I've listened to him.

3. Billy Donovan has always seemed to me like a straight shooter.

4. I think Georgia could do a lot better than Dennis Felton.

5. I believe the fans who spent money to attend the tournament should be compensated with more than a simple ticket refund. They should get at least a portion of the total money they laid out.

4. novelist_wannabe

You coulda stopped right there. That's all we needed to hear.

5. prhack

prhack Member

I never said you condoned class action lawsuits, but as a resident of Metro Atlanta, I could care less about the poor Kentucky fans and their ruined weekend. Tough cookies. You missed a grand total of one game. Same for the fans from UT and Mississippi State. Maybe if your teams had been better and, you know, actually made the final, I'd have more sympathy. As it is, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

6. The quote function is not always your friend.

7. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

back to the game at hand, i thought it was only for "family, friends and administration." this sounds, and looks, like a georgia home game to me. Pelphrey should be the one calling foul now.

8. novelist_wannabe

They increased the allotment ot 1,000 tickets per school for the championship game. Athens is 70 miles away. Fayetteville is 700. That one isn't that hard to figure out. And had the game been at the Georgia Dome, I dare say the ratio would have been similar. On the flip side, when Georgia played UK, there were easily three times as many blue shirts as red.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

No jokes about Georgia winning the tournament because it's used to playing in front of 2,000 people?

10. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Like who?

Felton isn't a great coach by any stretch, but who is exactly itching to coach at Georgia? The school doesn't give two shits about basketball, the facilities suck, and it's in the tougher of the two divisions. Is any coach really looking to join a division that already includes Bruce Pearl, Billy Donovan, Billy Gillispie and Kevin Stallings? I just don't see it.

And if South Carolina hires anyone decent, Georgia is still going to have the worst coach and worst facilities in the conference.

LSU will go out in a couple weeks and get a pretty good coach. It's a better program, the school cares more, and it's in the easier of the two divisions. Georgia? It isn't getting shit.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Beautiful.

Draft saved Draft deleted