1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Zimmerman is quite proud of his handiwork

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because he thinks it shows that he's a tough guy for using his Second Amendment-protected weapon to kill that scary teenager.

Kinda like how certain people think it's fun to take pictures of the dead lions that they lure and shoot.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

There are few certainties in life, but I'm certain George Zimmerman is going to end up on the wrong end of a gun at some point, setting a record for mass schadenfreude.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HanSenSE and dixiehack like this.
  5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't agree with the court's verdict, but that's the way it was. It was a situation that he could have avoided entirely and Martin had every right in the world to be where he was.
    I'd have a lot more respect for him if he just said "Hey, I feel bad about it, but it was either him or me," and got on with his life.
    Whether he was justified or not I don't think he understands that he killed another human being and what that means.
    He's mentally defective.

Batman and HC like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If George Zimmerman gets any flakier or less likable, the only stop left will be to run for president.

wicked and OscarMadison like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Or Dancing with the Stars.

Ace likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And that's when we'll start to make America great again.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, and when he does get shot, we all can raise a glass to the shooter and tell him, "This Bud's for you."

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or he does and thinks it makes him some sort of hero, without realizing that everything that he's done in the years since has removed any sympathy any rational human being could have had for him and exposed him as a despicable human being.
    Either way, yes, mentally defective is a good description.
    When you shoot someone under questionable circumstances and get away with it, just do your best to disappear into society. Don't flaunt it at every opportunity. For God's sake, until he ran out of money and had to do ill-advised books and strong-arm robberies, even O.J. had the good sense to go play golf instead of trying to remain in the public eye.

wicked and Smallpotatoes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted