1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Michael's Sports Machine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 17, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

How in all holy hell is this show still on the air?

The show still looks and feels the same as it did in 1988. Hey George, that's not a complement.

And now he's got some eye candy hitting the play button. Sheesh. That's the TV equivalent of starting out at the Hungry Horse News.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Haven't seen it since I was staying up past my bedtime on Sunday night for my must-see out-of-town John Lowenstein highlights. Does he still do the extreme combover?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

No, he doesn't have enough left for the eXtreme combover. Now he just has a wisp of hair that won't disappear.

The writing on this is high school-caliber. It's like the TV equivalent of a car wreck. I can't turn away.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, Andrew Ridgeley's Dance Party UK is even worse. :D

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Wow. The hair has thinned.

6. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

http://www.opiummagazine.com/sportantoniadismachine031105.html

7. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Several years ago, Dana Carvey said that he pitched a 'George Michael's Sports Machine' skit with Dana playing the other George Michael--'Look at this highlight--and look at my butt!'--but it was turned down. Too bad.

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I remember watching this back in college in the '80s (spent pretty much the whole decade on one campus or another ;D). Then they actually wired the dorms for cable and we were able to watch ESPN back when it was actually worthwhile.

9. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Holy crap that show is ass!

It ranks only behind - 1.) Martha Stewart Living, and 2.) the Maury Povich show

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Roggin's Heroes is much better than the Sports Machine. Somewhere in the WRC newsroom, Jim Vance is laughing his ass off at George Michael.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I didn't even know the show was still in production until I caught it in a graveyard time slot while I was on the road one weekend.

It's like going back to your old high school 20 years later and there's your old teacher in the same classroom, still using the same lines, looking like hell and counting the days until his retirement.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Does he still show terrier races? Those rawked.

Draft saved Draft deleted