1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Lucas really is determined to CGI over his own accidental brilliance

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Feb 10, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

OK, I get that. I mean, if someone asks what you are doing and you say, "Watching 'Star Wars'" it's not as if anyone would ever say, "Which one?" They'd immediately know you meant the original.

I thought you meant Lucas retagging it Episode IV: A New Hope once he was given the greenlight to go ahead on Empire Strikes Back.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I mean, what's next, George? Are you going to tell me now that Howard the Duck and Lea Thompson just made out?

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

And Raiders of the Lost Ark is Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They've actually made that movie.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think they should re-shoot it where Han shoots first and then pisses on Greedo's corpse.

6. Mizzougrad96

Patton Oswalt has where he says "I wish I had a time machine so I could go back in time to 1998 and beat George Lucas to death with a shovel."

The angriest I've ever been in a movie theater was when I saw Episode I. I'm not saying it's the worst movie of all-time, but it is definitely the most disappointing movie of all-time, although Indy IV would probably be in that conversation as well.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Mizzougrad96

Well done.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know that George Lucas ever made great movies (other than "American Graffitti"). I think his mind created amazing worlds. It continued to do so with the three prequels, but by that time, directors had been able to fuse story telling with special effects and world-creation in a way that wasn't required when he made the initial films, and he got exposed.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

LaBeouf ruined Indy IV and it's the elephant in the room whenever they talk to Lucas or Spielberg about it.

The Phantom Menace was doomed as soon as the trade viceroy starts talking about the most tedious crap Lucas could have conceived coming out of his mouth. Before Jar Jar got a single line of dialogue, before the racial stereotypes, before the scenes that are of no interest to anyone older than eight. Lucas opens his much anticipated movie with something out of a space version of C-SPAN. It was screwed from the crawl.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

A Machine Head moment.

12. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Yes, it's like you can see the disappointment all around you.

Draft saved Draft deleted