1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Carlin

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 7, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, I did ask you to continue, didn't I? Keep trying. Maybe you'll eventually come up with something interesting. It's always nice to have some F-level material in case I ever have to play the dozens with a 10-year-old.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Is it better to see Carlin live or hear him on a CD?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

OOP, there is no reason to insult the intellegence of 10-year-olds

4. outofplace

Go for a CD of the old stuff. He's just not the same these days (and thank you for getting us back on topic).

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

give me a break. you play with cohorts on an everyday basis. hate to break it to you, but you're really not that fucking smart, chief.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I saw him live about five years ago. I love his CDs. It was a question to the board.

7. outofplace

Um...sure...Tom Petty wannabe here just looked deep into my mind and soul....thanks for that.

And mayfly, sorry...misunderstood the question. I still say CD is better than live, for the reason I stated.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

petty wannabe? god you are a fucking idiot.

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Let's get to the point and roll another . . . wait a minute I shouldn't be singing this. I don't want to be called a petty wannabe too.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Carlin is not only talented, but highly intelligent, which just accents his talent further. Robin Williams comes to mind as well in that company.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wannabe.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Exactly. All great comedians are intelligent sociologists.

Draft saved Draft deleted