1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Bush -- Tower of Empathy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 9, 2007.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Noise? What noise.

Oh wait ... did you see the weather channel another hurrican is forming off the coast of Florida. Just another deadly weather pattern W has created to slaughter thousands of Americans.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And Red Smith doesn't answer the question, to the shock of all...

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yes, Red, that's exactly what we're saying. ::)

4. RedSmithClone

Great now we're saying he starts earthquakes. Gosh darn what an a-hole that guy is!

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You're just trolling for fun, right? Because certainly there have been posts which you can produce wherein someone here claims Bush is at fault for earthquakes. ::)

I have little sympathy for Bush's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, because the situation he's in right now is largely of his own doing, whether it's through incredible misguided decision making to listening to hideously bad advice, to unrelenting arrogance around the world. It's his bed, he's going to have to sleep in it. No sympathies from me.

6. RedSmithClone

It's OK, I understand, you are all still trying to get over the 2000 election. It hurts I really do understand that.

I'll just let you all live life hating anyone who is Republican. If that's what get's you through to the next day then it's fine with me. Hate is always the best way to go.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And with that, RedSmith is gone. Another troll in the works folks. You know which button to press.

8. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

You articulated it all right. It's just very troubling that the leader of the free world can't utter a simple declaration of sympathy without fucking it up beyond all recognition.

Yes, it IS important. No matter what any of you say.

9. RedSmithClone

Give me a break. You call anyone a troll who thinks opposite you. Funny how that works.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

He will heal us all with his inarticulate mendacity! With his witless condescension! Bring it on!

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

No, I call you a troll because you're being intentionally antagonistic without offering anything other than pithy little phrases. And you certainly don't come off as being sincere about anything. That's what makes you a troll.

I disagree with plenty of people on here and don't call them trolls. But they're also offering much more than you have.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

the best way to honor that commitment of his is to find out the truth, and I'm confident the Defense Department wants to find out the truth too and will lay it out for the Tillman family," Bush said.

The man was killed three and a half years ago. When does the DoD get around to finding the truth?

And specifically who authorized the first "truth" that went around in 2004?

Draft saved Draft deleted