1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gentlemen, Start Your Boilerplate Columns: BCS Standings Released

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

To be fair, didn't Auburn's defense tighten up in the fourth quarter to put the game away? Sure, it doesn't make up completely for giving up 40-whatever points, but.....fuck. Yeah, Auburn's defense blows. One helluva fun team to watch, though. I think they'll beat LSU something like 27-20. I just hope they beat Alabama. Goddamn, that'd be sweet.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

3. zagoshe

I think LSU's offense is not very good, unless they have changed quarterbacks since I last saw them.

That being said, that Auburn offense is pretty scary to watch and the quarterback on that team is my leader for the Heisman trophy. He is unstoppable right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Agreed. Auburn's defense ain't good, but it's good enough to slow down LSU's shitty offense enough to win. LSU's offense is baaaaaad.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Somebody please get Zag his meds.

6. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

If you don't think his point about you always needing the last word isn't valid, then you're the least self-aware person in the history of ever.

And please don't read that as an insult and attempt to engage me in a long, drawn-out back-and forth. It wasn't intended as an insult.

7. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

And to weigh in on the argument:

1997 Nebraska > 1997 Michigan.

Though I don't think it would have been a blowout. Something like 35-24.

8. outofplace

No drawn out back-and-forth. If you really think Zag has anything valid to say, you aren't worth the effort. The guy is stalking me from thread to thread, even on ones I hadn't posted on yet, with one idiotic attack after another. The only posters who are worse are the gutless little sock puppets who keep coming around here but can't admit to their past identities.

9. zagoshe

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Defense didn't exactly tighten up; Tyler Wilson just started making bad decisions. LSU sucks, so, yeah, I expect Auburn to beat them, but, then again, Les Miles has dozens of horseshoes up his ass. In any case, I can't imagine either team going undefeated.

11. zagoshe

Don't both teams still have to play Alabama? At least one of them will likely lose that game.

The only thing is - I don't see anyone in the East who could really win the SEC championship game.

I thought perhaps South Carolina until they laid an egg against Kentucky.

12. outofplace

Exhibit A. I found this little nugget waiting for me when I first started reading this thread. But no, you're not doing exactly what I said. ::)

Cheerleading Junkie? Yeah, because he and I always get along. Oh, the unintentional comedy, the raging ingorance. Thanks for the laugh, Zag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.