1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Geno Getting Sued

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://connecticut.scout.com/2/1194069.html#.T9Zkytq3Ox4.facebook

One interesting part:

In October 2009, the American basketball team played in an invitational tournament in Yekaterinburg, a Russian city more than 1,000 miles east of Moscow. After dinner, Ms. Hardwick and Ms. Shannon decided to talk in the lobby of the hotel and they saw Mr. Auriemma at the bar with assistant coaches and trainers, the women said.

Ms. Hardwick and Ms. Shannon took their drinks and sat in the lobby.

Mr. Auriemma soon walked over. “He invited himself and started talking about coming from an immigrant Italian background and saying he could relate to inner-city blacks,” Ms. Shannon recalled. “We were like ‘whatever.’”

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"Aw yeah." -- everybody

3. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Somebody get Pat Summit on the horn immediately.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The adoration for the women's basketball team 'round these parts sometimes prevents people here from realizing that Geno's a grade-A douchebag. But, needless to say, I'd hardly be surprised if the suit had merit.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I like this part:

"Plaintiff was startled but, utilizing her training as a police officer and security professional, reacted quickly by shoving him away and stating, 'What are you doing? You better check yourself before you get hurt!' " the suit says, according to The Associated Press.

Too bad she didn't kick Geno's ass.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This isn't some flake. She's an ex-cop and has a degree in law.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2012/06/12/nyregion/12gotham.html
    [​IMG]

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is there a bigger douchebag among coaches?

I know his players love him, but some of the shit Geno has pulled over the years has just been beyond stunning.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This. If I am on the jury Id say credibility is lacking given that, I'd think if Geno was going to try and score with someone it wouldn't be someone that looks like Dennis Rodman.

12. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Serious question: Why did it take three years for her to decide to file suit?

Draft saved Draft deleted