1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis reunites

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Crimson Tide, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

http://www.genesis-music.com

Looks like the three-man lineup from 1978-1993 has gotten back together, so no Peter Gabriel.

Should've figured that it would happen not long after Phil has the First Final Farewell tour. I saw the San Jose show and his voice was strong and the music was well-performed. Only European dates for now, so probably no US tour until late 2007.

I've got a credit card with no balance waiting. ;D

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

they gonna play up in the mountains?

3. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

I traveled from Idaho to San Jose for a show, I'll do it again.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Somewhere Sam Mills is leaping for joy. :D

Everyone gets back together eventually. Except apparently The Police.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, too bad old Gordie won't swallow his pride on that one.

6. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Can't wait to shell out $250 to hear Phil sing Illegal Alien.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Sting is a tool.

And sadly, I don't care much about this Genesis reunion. Maybe they'll surprise me, but hopes are not high.

8. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

$250? I hope not. I only paid $75 for the show in 2004. I think they know that they're not worth as much as, say the Eagles or Stones.

Illegal Alien is not a song you hear get a lot of airplay on the AC stations anymore. Wonder why. </sarcasm>

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Someone (Sam Mills, etc.) correct me if I'm wrong, but the five-man lineup was only around from about 1975-77?

If it's that lineup, then that's a period when they weren't in the mainstream. Doesn't mean they wouldn't PLAY stuff from their mainstream period, but if they played a lot of stuff from that late 70s era, it would be pretty interesting. That's the kind of prog rock I can get behind.

10. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Whoops. You're right. Typo on my part. Gabriel, Banks, Rutherford, Hackett and Collins were considered the five-man lineup from about 71-76. The three from the pop-rock days are the ones reuniting (along with the two touring members in Thompson and Strumer).

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Thompson? Didn't he die of cancer?

12. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Not unless they propped his corpse up in the press release photos.

http://www.ldcommunications.co.uk/secure/Genesis/

Draft saved Draft deleted