1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

General movie news thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Aug 3, 2022.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

General consensus seems to range from "this is a disgusting idol to capitalism" to "this is perfectly mid." I guess if you REALLY want to see Seinfeld himself, it's not like he's pumping out a ton of content each year.

garrow likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Great work. No voices, no dialogue, no need. The music set the mood perfectly. Art it’s own self.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

It is Coppola.

Unfrosted was wretched. Hugh Grant was fun as Thurl Ravenscroft, but even that was ruined by the end. Yes, Jerry, it's too soon. Also, the MadMan should have said no to that dreck. Actually, everyone should have said no. The cast was great, the material was awful.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Want to add: If Seinfeld knew what he was doing, he would have referenced the Odessa Steps sequence, not January 6th. That was a jerk move on his part.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And then you have the careers like Emma Stone - who kind of sucked up all the roles Lindsey Lohan threw away, or the ones Christian Slater inherited with the death of River Phoenix.

When I saw Monica Potter the first time - in Con Air, I figured she'd be the "blonde Julia Roberts" followed with Patch Adams and Along Came a Spider then.....kind of nothing until playing a mom on Parenthood. See also Emile Hirsh. (Into The Wild, Milk, Speed Racer then....supporting roles)

Pretty sure there is a thread of "People You Thought would have bigger Careers" Actors, athletes, musicians whatever.

Last edited: May 7, 2024
    garrow likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I thought Monica Potter was so lovely....and I never liked Julia Roberts.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

:(

Also appeared in 1941. RIP.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

“I’m a bug. I’m a bug.”

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member