1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gene Wojciechowski

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sirvaliantbrown, Jul 29, 2006.

1. What do you all think of him? I'm curious.

2. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

There's a 7-year-old tee-ball game tomorrow I'd love to assign him to cover. ;)

3. Not to divert this thread to non-Gene-related thoughts, but as long as we're talking 7-year-old tee-ball games: does anybody have any tips on interviewing kid athletes? I'm young myself, and I'm generally good with children, but I've found it hard to get little prodigies to look at me, let alone answer softball questions (which, sometimes, are about softball) in sentences longer than seven words.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Use the taser.

5. Tell them you are a direct cousin of Dora the Explorer or Thomas the Train. Tellling them Santa Claus is a personal friend works too.

Wojo's a dork...

6. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Eariler tonight I was thinking, who is this DyePack/Wenal guy, and who is he to crap all over these other papers/writers/designers in anonimity?

And then you make this post, which could easily have been culled from the dark, twisted catacombs of my own heart.

I may or may not have been drinking,

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wojo's a good guy, does a very good job.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

His name is hard to spell and pronounce.

9. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

He showed up to SEC Media Days in shorts and a t-shirt.

Damn good writer, though.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Wenalway. Anyway, there's a distinction:

DyePack: Enjoys the thrill of the sometimes witty exchanges here, including the spice added with hybrid words like fucktard and dicksnort.

Wenalway: Profanity-free (at least in the commentary section, I believe) since its inception. Unless "fag" is a profane word. Judges?

Taser away.

12. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Has anyone ever seen him, Steve Wojciechowski and Adrian Wojnarowski in the same place? Just asking.

Draft saved Draft deleted