1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gene Simmons' very public "partnership" problems

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Or she's playing it up so people will watch the show and people will pay attention to her.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gene, please turn to her and say "Enough with the public sniping, OK? There's enough sniping on the damn show..."

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Shannon Tweed in "Hot Dog" was one of my favorite films as a child. Ohhhhh to be Harkin Banks.

It should have won an Oscar.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's like she's baiting him to say "fuck it" and walk away so she can say that too -- louder and more public...

5. Mizzougrad96

"I want you to kiss my ass. Not on this side, not on this side, but right in the middle."

Hilarious movie.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Part of the Heavenly Shannons: Tweed and Whirry.

I know Simmons and Stanley are stone cold in the business aspect, turning Frehley and Criss into employees. Heck, Frehley's New York Groove is probably played more than any Kiss song that isn't Rock and Roll All Night. And Simmons may have to pay out a KISS! of palimony

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

In case anyone's wondering, since the whole "They're not married" thing is often a source of conversation on the show:

http://www.cadivorceonline.com/calpages/Alimony/commonlawmarriage.asp

If they part, he is not obligated by state law to give her a dime.

8. Mizzougrad96

Bon Jovi and the Eagles also turned band members into employees. I don't think it's that uncommon when 1-2 members of a band are considerably more famous than the others.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe that's why she's been pining for the ring for years. She gets hitched, they part, she gets a fortune.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Bon Jovi with Jon Bongiovi and Richie Sambora, I can see, Mizzou. The Eagles? All the members are more or less eqaully famous. Joe Walsh I could see as an employee; he was a free-agent pickup.

And it's a travesty that Rabbit Bundrick hasn't been made a member of the Who. He has been responsible for many of their top musical moments.

11. Mizzougrad96

I think Sambora is technically an employee of Bon Jovi's. Every member of the Eagles other than Henley and Frey are employees.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry, but put me in the group that says, 'we're being played...' folks doing family reality shows who go on talk shows to kick of their season as a promotional tool are about as trustworthy as pre-championship-fight pressers. i'm sure there have been times the animous/tension was real but more often than not it's nothing more than a publicity stunt.

just think of all the behar show viewers who've NEVER watched this simmons/tweed reality show who might check it out now...

Draft saved Draft deleted