1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Geez, what's next

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Mar 22, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

First person to see her carry a full cup of coffee across the newsroom needs to trip her..

2. Full of Shit

Full of Shit Member

A hundred or so years ago, while working in a brand-new newsroom with a brand-new carpet (back when most newsrooms didn't have carpets), I managed to burn the first cigarette hole in said carpet.

I still regard this as one of my finest hours in the biz.

FOS

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i notice you said "at my last stop."

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Do they at least allow their male employees to wear Sex Panther?

5. Taylee

Taylee Member

Yeah, this is just one of many reasons (dick EE, publisher, company) why that place became a former stop.

Current paper is a much more relaxed atmosphere. It's amazing what a good EE can mean to the morale for the rest of us.

6. I thought you were joking about the plants until I went back and read the entire memo. Can we say "micromanaging?"

Sounds like Nancy needs to find something to do. Maybe they can add her to the cleaning crew at night.

7. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

She's a Negative Nancy ... and she spits fire!

8. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

A few years back our newsroom dis the same thing, thanks to a spill. Same thing...we said screw that. Then the publisher put out a memo, threatening to terminate us. Still, screw it.
    Word got out that they had asked the custodians to start noting what trash cans (everyone had a trash can at their desk) had food bags/cans/etc.... in them, so we started dumping all of our trash in the AME's trash can. He was usually gone for the day by 7 as was the ME, but the ME had an office with a locked door, the AME didn't.
    Eventually management just said screw it, realizing it would be a pain to actually enforce.

Draft saved Draft deleted