1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Geez, what's next

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Mar 22, 2007.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I think this counts as professional:

CBS 2 in L.A. is moving into a new newsroom. And their control freak news director has reached a new level of the end of the biz as we know it.

NO food or drink in the newsroom, at all. No coffee. Nothing but water.

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2007/03/what_next_no_talking.php#more

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

So they must take ... dinner breaks! Away from their desks! What a concept!

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Yeah, but Frank...no coffee in the newsroom?

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Oh, also, they have a break room. This isn't allowing them to have anything in the newsroom.

Sorry, another sign of the apocalypse...

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

At my old paper we moved into a new newsroom and they tried to say we couldn't have any food or drink. Someone spilled something on the new carpet and was put on probation. Eventually, the night crew pretty much said fuck the rules and went back to eating and drinking at their desks.

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Screw that. Someone shoulda took a crap on the floor.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

That's what every night crew says. 8)

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

In my experiences, a lot of times it isn't the TV reporters and producers and such themselves who are such inane morons. They exist, but that goes for every profession. But TV management types are among the most mentally challenged, egomaniacal, overly full of themselves dickheads around. Their heads need enemas.

9. Taylee

Taylee Member

At last stop, they encouraged you to eat AT your desk. It meant they were getting an extra half-hour of work out of you for free. Took me, oh, about two days to figure that out. Once I became news editor, I made lunch breaks mandatory for the desk staff. Even put up a lunch schedule to further piss off the EE.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'd guess this one doesn't last very long.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The guy in the white pants.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That memo is great reading. Nancy needs to approve all plants. And only one or two pictures, in frames, on your desk. Unless your spouse or kids are ugly, then those aren't allowed either.

Draft saved Draft deleted