1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gee, Who'd Have Thought It?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 20, 2008.

1. More hype from the great war of civilizations.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080220/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_bombers_2;_ylt=AgNT6wzmH82KnvEE.KB7O65X6GMA

Wonder how that first report got out? Wonder why?

2. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

Hype? Great, I guess the people that lost their lives get them back. You are a piece of work.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I was just coming to post that. Shocking that the wrong story was given out. U.S. officials never give the press intentionally incorrect information, especially intentionally incorrect information that demonizes the other side.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Reading that story I don't see where a definitive statement was made that the bombers had Down's Syndrome. I don't think saying they "looked like they had Down's Syndrome" constitutes an official report.

Sounds more like a personal opinion and probably should have been reported as such to begin with.

5. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

Sure, because the people who committed the suicide bombings are not demons?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Aren't suicide bombings bad enough? Is it necessary to try to make the other people sound worse, when all it does is lesson our credibility?

Yea, whatever, you're so smart and I'm not.

7. I don't think the US military ought to be in the business of hyping an already bad situation at the behest of their political superiors. I think that is a genuinely bad idea for the military and for the country. I think, perhaps, the Tillman family might agree with me.

8. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

If the US is so intent on misinformation, why did it make the effort to state that the original report may have been erroneous? I know, suicide bombers commit atrocities and the US is at fault.

9. You have to be dumb or dishonest to come to the latter conclusion.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I wonder which regular member started this flopflipper handle to stalk fenian.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't like what you're accusing me of, dools.

12. I have many enemies, and they all plot against me..

Draft saved Draft deleted