1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Geddy Lee rocks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 6, 2008.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Johnson has had Lee as a postgame clubhouse guest several times.

Rush tours always finish ridiculously in the black because there is little overhead. They need next-to-no advertising because the loyal fans always come out.

And they are always putting out new stuff, which I respect more than anything. They tour because they have an album to promote, not just to come in town and bilk more money out of the fans.

Last saw them on the Test For Echo tour, twice. They played all of 2112 then, and it was a Tour de Force.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The best bass player ever. Come on.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

And still the jackoffs at the rock and roll hall of fame (little letters intended) refuse to induct them. :mad:

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It would be one thing if they were just a hair band with staying power, but they have one of the best bassists and one of the best drummers of all-time.

How the hell are they not inducted?

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Because they suck donkey balls.

Good gesture by Geddy Lee though ... don't get me wrong.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

ZZ Top.

AC/DC.

Aerosmith.

Who are: mediocre bands which have just put out the same album many times for 20 or more years, but are in the so-called hall of fame for rock and roll?

It's rehashed every year here, but the Hall is a joke. Rush puts out a new album every couple of years that actually sounds different from the previous one. Then they tour and play nearly three-hour shows every night.

But hey, Jann Wenner hates Rush, so there ya go.

(I love how a band's members are together 20 years, all hit the age of 40, THEN say "Hey, let's start going without an opening act! Nearly three hours a night, baby! Plenty of time to showcase the new stuff while hitting all the classics and rarities!" I mean, who does that? I guess Metallica was similar: "Hey, we're all 40 now! Time to actually try to shake up the setlist a little bit every night, mistakes be damned!")

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I've seen Rush without an opening act for the last few times I've seen them.

I've also seen them with Tommy Shaw (solo), Mr. Big and Candlebox.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Canucks of a certain vintage will remember when Rush always toured Canada with a couple of great bands, Max Webster and FM.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing them in 1980 with Max Webster. It did bother me that Geddy Lee sang a bit on a seemingly white supremacist song by them called Feel the Way I Feel.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I actually think the next time I want to see Rush is in a different place other than SoCal. Would love to see them June 25 at Red Rocks in Morrison, Colo., but it won't work out. After hearing some of their foreign live shows, it would be great to see them in Canada and/or an exotic location overseas.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

You're thinking of "Battlescar" off Max's Universal Juveniles album. Never thought of it as a white supremacist thing unless I'm missing the blue font here.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nah, I know precisely the song of which I speak. I'll hafta look up the lyrics.

OK, the song is called Battlescar for some reason, and the lyrics are so elliptical as to make it possible for a 17-year-old to sift "white man's fear" out of that mishmash and have it seem white supremacist.

The moral: When it comes to Canadian music, don't fuck with the Hugs.

Draft saved Draft deleted